#SaveMedevac - Call MP Julian Leeser
Call MP Julian Leeser
(02) 9980 1822
- Medevac works because Doctors prioritise medical care for sick people, free of political interference
- Before Medevac, at least two people died directly because of this government's medical neglect and delay of doctors requests for transfers for political reasons.
- Since Medevac no one has died from medical neglect offshore
Here's how to call:
1. Prepare what you want to say
A clear message that, as a Berowra constituent, you want MP Julian Leeser to advocate within the Liberal party to drop the Medevac repeal legislation before it gets to the Senate. They have already delayed the vote - with enough political pressure, the government will not table the bill.
Your personal story of why you support doctors to be able to provide critical medical care to people seeking asylum and refugees held offshore through the Medevac process, without political interference.
2. Dial the number - (02) 9980 1822
- When staff answer, say you want to leave an important message for MP Julian Leeser.
- State your message.
- Be polite.
- Leave your full name and post code.
- If you can't get through, try calling again. If you get the answering machine, leave a message and try calling again later.
NB: Every call you attempt is important, even if you don't get through.
Add your call to the tally
Please tell us you've called MP Julian Leeser by filling out and submitting the form, so we can demonstrate the groundswell of calls our community are making!
3. Spread the word
Post the MP's office response on social media, tag Julian Leeser, include hash tag #SaveMedevac and link: https://action.asrc.org.au/medevac_call_mp_julian_leeser and ask more people to call.
Thank you for taking action to prevent more lives being lost to medical neglect.
Together we will win a permanent, safe home for men, women and children seeking asylum.