Call Cathy McGowan - #BacktheBill
Cathy McGowan has publicly said she is unable to commit to **.
We need her sup
Cross Party MPs have formed a coalition of conscience and announced the Urgent Medical Treatment Bill to get sick people in offshore detention to Australian hospitals to save their lives.
Despite the Coalition’s dirty tactics to prevent the bill from being voted on by the Lower House in 2018, we're now halfway there with it passing Senate on the last day of Parliament. The bill will return to the Lower House to be voted on in February with committed support from crossbenchers and ALP.
Call these influential Liberal MPs and ask them to Back the Bill now
Craig Laundy MP - 02 9715 7444
Russell Broadbent MP - 03 5623 2064
Tim Wilson MP - 03 9557 4644
Julie Bishop MP - 08 9388 0288
How to call MPs and keep up the pressure on Parliament to back the bill
1. Prepare what you want to say
- A clear message that you want the MP to vote for and back the Urgent Medical Treatment Bill.
- Add a short personal reason why you want sick people in offshore detention medically transferred to Australia.
2. Dial the number
- When staff answer, say you want to leave an important message for the MP.
- State your message. Be polite.
- Leave your full name and post code.
If you can't get through, try calling again. If you get the answering machine, leave a message and try calling again later.
NB: Every call you attempt is important, even if you don't get through.
Please tell us you're calling MPs by filling out the form, so we can keep a tally and talk to MPs about the groundswell of calls you are making!
3. Spread the word
- Post the MP office's response on social media using the hash tag #BackTheBill and #KidsOffNauru with link https://action.asrc.org.au/back_the_bill and ask more people to call.
Thank you for calling MPs.
Together we will make sure men, women and children in offshore detention get the medical treatment they need, and find safe permanent homes.